Critical Links Announces edgeMobility
FAIRFIELD, NJ, December 17, 2008 -
Critical Links , a global provider of unified voice, data and IT solutions for SMBs, announced today the release of edgeMobility™, a set of features for the company’s flagship product, the edgeBOX™, purposefully designed for the world’s growing mobile workforce. edgeMobility provides remote workers and telecommuters the same voice, data and IT capabilities as if they were in the office and enables them to seamlessly stay connected with customers, partners and colleagues. edgeMobility is immediately available and is included as part of the standard edgeBOX offering, at no extra cost.
According to IDC, the worldwide mobile worker population will reach 1.0 billion in 2011, accounting for more than 30 percent of the workforce1.edgeMobility helps such workers, which include office-based mobile workers, non-office-based mobile workers, and home-based mobile workers, leverage the sophisticated voice, data and IT infrastructure within an office from a remote location in a secure and cost effective manner. Some of the key edgeMobility features and capabilities include:
- “Follow Me/Find Me,” which enables unanswered calls to be forwarded to another designated number.
- Twinning, which enables work phones and cell phones to ring simultaneously.
- Direct Inward System Access (DISA), a function that allows teleworkers to dial into the office system from a remote location and make calls as if they were present in the office. This enables them to use the in-house dialing plan and make toll calls among other benefits.
- Voice Mail transcription that can be sent to a designated e-mail address
- E-mail push technology which allows mail to be read from Blackberry®, Nokia and other handsets
- PDA synchronization with edgeExchange™, a groupware package running on the edgeBOX™, that allows sharing calendars, contacts, resources and tasks
- Fax2mail, which enables faxes to be received via email
- Remote worker VPN access to the office, with secure VoIP traffic
- Remote secure access for application and file sharing at the company’s main office
Guestcentric, an SMB focused on the hospitality market, has been using the edgeMobility features as part of the beta release. “A significant portion of our employees are on the road and work from remote locations, so it is critical for them to have access to the company data in a secure and timely fashion, and also remain easily reachable for our customers,” said Guestcentric’s CEO, Pedro Cola&ccdedil;o. “The edgeMobility feature set has helped us achieve this and significantly increased our team productivity and decreased customer response times without adding any cost.”
Critical Links vice president of product management, Alex Sarin commented, “Mobile working situations are increasingly becoming the rule rather than the exception. As we watched this trend develop, we anticipated the demand for a solution such as edgeMobility that would keep remote workers connected to the office and their clients, no matter where they are. These value added features make the edgeBOX an even more important solution for SMBs, which need to accommodate the growing mobile workforce.”
The edgeBOX is an award winning multi-service appliance that replaces up to 6 specialized devices with a single integrated solution, and provides SMB customers with a complete networking infrastructure that is simple to install and configure, easy to maintain and upgrade and can be managed remotely. Customers can leverage edgeBOX™ for VOIP, IP-PBX, VPNs, security, NAC and QoS as well as web server, e-mail server and data storage. It is available on a range of scalable platforms that support up to 300 users.
About Critical Links
Critical Links is a global provider of converged voice, data and IT solutions for small and medium businesses (SMBs) that dramatically simplify and cost-reduce by consolidating over a single scalable and fault-tolerant platform.
Critical Links’ flagship product, the edgeBOX™, is an award-winning multi-function gateway appliance that includes VoIP/IP-PBX, VPNs, security, NAC, QoS and a WiFi access point as well as a fax server, web server, e-mail server, print server and data storage. It is available on a range of hardware platforms that support up to 300 users, with different form factors and a host of broadband interfaces such as BRI/PRI(T1/E1), FX0/FXS, Ethernet, etc. Critical Links typically serves SMBs through a global network of VARs, System Integrators, OEMs and Service Providers. For more information: www.critical-links.com or email@example.com.
For more information, contact: